Online degrees are a godsend to many people. Gone are the days of long commutes, costly rents, and having to attend school at specific hours. Now, with online degrees, people can get the education they want without having to upend their lives.
In the past, online degrees have been looked at with suspicion. How could someone get a good education without ever interacting with classmates or participating in group projects?
Fortunately, those days are gone. Online degrees from accredited schools are now seen as equal to their brick-and-mortar counterparts. In fact, many employers actively seek out candidates with online degrees, as they often have more experience working independently and are more comfortable with technology.
But this comes with a cost. Usually, the schools that offer the easiest online bachelor’s degrees are not the most reputable. In fact, many of them are for-profit institutions that exist only to make money off of students.
In this article, we are going to see which online bachelor’s degrees are the easiest to obtain online, while still being reputable. You will get your bachelor’s degree in a reasonable time, at a low cost, and without having to sacrifice quality.
What Makes a Bachelor’s Degree Easy?
Before getting into the list, we have to set some parameters to let you understand how we made our choice. First off, we had to filter out any non-accredited schools. It’s not that all unaccredited schools are bad by default, but we don’t want to suggest schools that will get ignored by employers.
When we talk about an “easy” bachelor’s degree, we mean a few things:
- The program has a high acceptance rate, meaning that most people who apply are accepted. Applying is easy and straightforward, with few required essays or letters of recommendation.
- The average GPA of those who complete these programs is higher than the average GPA of all college graduates. This means it’s easier to obtain a higher GPA by picking one of these programs.
- The degree can be completed entirely online. There are no in-person requirements, such as internships, practicums, or on-campus residencies.
- The school offers many opportunities for credit transfers, meaning you can get credits from other schools and not have to start from scratch (this is especially useful if you started in a traditional school and had to drop out for any reason)
- There is a low cost of attendance, meaning the tuition is affordable and there are few additional costs. Luckily, since the programs are online, you won’t have to spend extra money on things like housing and transportation.
- The curriculum is not too demanding, and you are not required to take many difficult classes.
- The graduation rate is high, meaning that most students who start the program finish it.
Now that we have a good understanding of what makes an online bachelor’s degree “easy,” let’s take a look at some specific programs.
Editor’s note: While there’s nothing wrong with picking an easy major, make sure you do your research before enrolling in any program. Make sure it’s on a topic that actually interests you, and that it will improve your employment prospects. There’s no reason in getting a criminal justice degree if, for example, you really want to be a writer. Choose wisely.
The 10 Easiest Online Bachelor Degree Programs
There are plenty of excellent programs to choose from when it comes to picking an online bachelor’s degree program.
But just because they’re easy, it doesn’t mean they are low-quality. You can expect to easily find a job after completing any of these programs, or at least to more easily get promoted at your current job.
So without further ado, here are the top ten easiest online bachelor’s degree programs:
1. Business Administration
This is perhaps the most popular major for those looking for an easy online bachelor’s degree. The coursework is relatively easy, and there are many credit transfer opportunities.
With a degree in business administration, you’ll be prepared for a wide range of careers in the business world. Examples of possible jobs include human resources manager, marketing research, and business analyst.
Business administration programs are offered by many schools, and they typically have a high acceptance rate. There is no shortage of reputable online schools that offer a great business administration program.
Additionally, business administration degrees can be completed entirely online, and there are often opportunities for credit transfers. These programs also tend to be low cost, with affordable tuition and few additional expenses.
Finally, the curriculum for business administration programs is not too demanding, and the graduation rate is typically high.
Here are the best online bachelor’s programs in business administration:
- BA in Business Administration at University of Concordia — St. Paul
- BA in Business Administration at Grantham University
- MBA in Business Administration at Liberty University Online
Psychology is an interesting degree to pick. It’s perfect for those who want to understand human behavior and why people do the things they do.
While a psychology degree can be demanding at times, it is still an easy online bachelor’s degree to get. The coursework is relatively easy, and there are many credit transfer opportunities.
With a degree in psychology, you’ll be prepared for a wide range of careers in fields such as mental health, social work, and counseling. However, if you want to work as a pure psychologist, you’ll need to complete a master’s degree or doctorate. And these are way harder to obtain.
As far as schools go, there are hundreds of great online psychology programs. Here are a few of the best ones:
- BS in Psychology at the University of Central Florida
- BS in Psychology at the University of Utah
- BA in Psychology at University of Massachusetts Global Campus
3. Criminal Justice
If you’re interested in a career in law enforcement or the criminal justice system, then this is the perfect degree for you.
Like many of the other degrees on this list, a degree in criminal justice is relatively easy to get online. You won’t get swamped in coursework, and most programs have high acceptance and graduation rates.
Additionally, most criminal justice programs can be completed entirely online. And since there are many schools that offer this degree, you’re sure to find one that fits your budget and needs.
With a degree in criminal justice, you’ll be prepared for a wide range of careers in fields such as law enforcement, corrections, and probation. You’ll work in close contact with criminals and help keep communities safe.
There are many reputable online schools that offer great criminal justice programs. Here are a few of the best ones:
- BS in Criminal Justice at Liberty University Online
- BA in Criminal Justice at Grantham University
- AAS in Criminal Justice at Virginia College-Online Campus
4. Healthcare Administration
If you’re interested in a career in healthcare, without the drag of becoming a doctor (which is super expensive and long), then this is the perfect degree for you.
Healthcare administration is a great choice for those who want to enter the medical field without having to complete a long and difficult education. Instead of stressing over a complicated curriculum with years of schooling, you can get a degree in healthcare administration relatively easily.
With a degree in healthcare administration, you’ll be prepared for a wide range of careers in fields such as hospital administration, nursing home administration, and medical office management. You’ll work closely with patients and health care professionals to ensure that everyone is getting the care they need
Here are a few online healthcare administration programs to consider:
- BS in Healthcare Administration at Liberty University Online
- Health System Management Degree at Grantham University
- BS in Healthcare Administration at Colorado Technical University Online
While most people think that teachers have it easy, they definitely don’t. Teachers work long hours planning lessons, grading papers, and dealing with difficult students.
However, if you’re interested in a career in education, then this is the perfect degree for you. The coursework is relatively easy (especially if you’re good at English or history), and there are many credit transfer opportunities.
Naturally, here’s where you pick a relatively easy subject to teach. So, no math or physics. Leave those to the people who actually like those subjects. It also doesn’t help that students tend to find these topics miserable to study, though that’s more their problem than yours.
And you don’t necessarily have to become a teacher. With a degree in education, you’ll be prepared for a wide range of careers in fields such as teaching, school administration, and educational policy. You’ll work closely with students and help them develop the skills they need to succeed in life.
Some of the best online education programs include:
- Bachelor of Arts in Early Childhood Education at the University of Arizona Global Campus
- Bachelor’s Degree in Elementary Education at LeTorneau University
- Bachelor’s Degree in Educational Study at Western Governor University
6. Computer Science
This one might sound a little surprising — after all, computer science does sound complicated to the average person. But hear me out.
Computer science is a relatively easy degree to get online because most of the coursework can be done independently. Also, the internet is full of free and paid resources on this subject. You’ll never need to buy a textbook.
Of course, this degree is perfect for those who want to enter the tech field. With a degree in computer science, you’ll be prepared for a wide range of careers in fields such as web development, cybersecurity, software engineering, and database administration. You’ll work closely with computers and help people use technology more effectively.
Some of the best online computer science programs include:
- Bachelor of Science in Cybersecurity at Liberty University Online
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science at Grantham University
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science at Western Governor University
English degrees are a bit stereotyped, but the truth is that they’re still an excellent choice for those who want an easy degree, with interesting career prospects.
Most of the coursework is writing-based, so if you’re good at English, then this should be a breeze. You will master reading, writing, and analyzing works of English literature.
With a degree in English, you’ll be prepared for a wide range of careers in fields such as editing, publishing, and marketing. You’ll work closely with the written word and help people communicate more effectively.
Some of the best online English programs include:
- Bachelor’s Degree in English at LeTorneau University
- Online English Major B.A. at the Metropolitan State University of Denver
- BA in English at Southern New Hampshire University
8. Political Science
Political science is a great choice for those who want to get a degree online. The coursework is relatively easy, and you’ll learn about the inner workings of government and politics. It’s very relatable, because we see the effects of politics on our everyday life.
With a degree in political science, you’ll be prepared for a wide range of careers in fields such as public policy, law, and government. You’ll work closely with the political process and help shape the future of our country.
Some of the best online political science programs include:
- BA in Political Science at the University of Central Florida
- Bachelor of Arts in Political Science at Liberty University Online
- BA in Political Science at PennState World Campus
Marketing is another excellent degree to get online. In fact, since most marketing is done online, it only makes sense to get acquainted with the tools and methods of digital marketing while you’re getting your degree.
With a degree in marketing, you’ll be prepared for a wide range of careers in fields such as advertising, market research, and product development. Marketing deals with the process of creating and delivering messages that promote a product or service. In other words, you’ll be responsible for getting people to buy stuff!
Some of the best online marketing programs include:
- BS in Marketing at Bellevue University
- BBA in Marketing at Texas State University
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing at Oregon State University
10. Liberal Arts
The liberal arts have been subject to much slander in recent years. We believe in the absolute good of science, and we push STEM degrees very hard. However, the liberal arts represent the foundations of our thinking. And, they’re very useful.
A degree in the liberal arts doesn’t prepare you for any specific jobs. You could argue that fields like writing and publishing would appreciate your degree more than others, and it’s true. But the reality is that liberal arts is such a gigantic field that builds a solid framework that you’ll be able to get into most fields.
The coursework is usually easier, and the concepts are more relatable. You’ll learn about history, literature, philosophy, and other humanities subjects.
The best online liberal arts programs:
- A. in Liberal Studies at Excelsior College
- Bachelor of Arts in Humanities at Liberty University Online
- BA in Interdisciplinary Studies at Colorado State University Global Campus
These are just a few examples of the many excellent degrees that you can get online. With so many choices, it’s easy to find the perfect degree for you. And, with the convenience of online learning, there’s no excuse not to get started on your education today!
How to Pick the Right Bachelor’s Degree
Choosing the right degree can be a daunting task. But, with a little research, you can find the perfect degree for you. Here are a few things to keep in mind when choosing your degree:
- Your interests — What are you interested in? What do you enjoy doing? Your degree should reflect your interests, because you’ll be spending a lot of time studying it.
- Your career goals — What do you want to do after you graduate? Your degree should help you achieve your career goals.
- The job market — What are the trends in the job market? What skills are in demand? Your degree should prepare you for the jobs that are available.
- Cost and time — How much does the degree cost? How long will it take to complete? You should consider the cost and time commitment of your degree when making your decision.
- Your commitment — Are you willing to put in the work? A degree is a significant investment of time and money. You should be sure that you’re committed to completing your degree before you begin.
Picking an online degree helps with most of the above. You aren’t shackled to one school, you can pick any school in the United States and get a degree. If you were to go to a brick-and-mortar university, you’d have to move, which is a hassle.
And, online degrees are often cheaper than traditional degrees. But, you should still pick a degree that’s right for you.
Choosing the right degree can be a daunting task. But, with a little research, you can find the perfect degree for you. Make sure that your pick aligns with your goals.
What do you want to do with your life? What are your passions? Once you know the answers to these questions, you’ll be well on your way to finding the perfect degree for you.
Once you’ve figured out what to do, start doing some windows shopping. Look into the curriculum of various online programs, as well as their costs and how much time they take.
Don’t forget that you can always ask for help. Guidance counselors, parents, and friends can all offer helpful advice when you’re choosing your degree. In the end, the decision is yours, so choose wisely.